Trying to find a new home can be time consuming and stressful. But building your dream home comes with quite a few benefits, the least of which is getting exactly what you want. Custom built homes are quite often the best bet when trying to find your dream, and here are the top five reasons why:
- Cost Efficiency: While building a custom home may seem more expensive, the fact remains that it’s more cost effective over time. New, custom built homes have less (if any) issues that need to be fixed, updates that need to be made, and are far more energy efficient than anything built before them. This saves a lot of money due to the lack of needed renovations.
- Custom Features: Appliances and features usually come with the house. When you build custom, you get to choose exactly what you want in your home. Buying an existing home could cost you even more when you factor in having to update not only the appliances, but possibly wiring, plumbing and walls to accommodate any updated appliances and features that you want to install.
- Energy Efficient: When buying an older home, they tend to have outdated technology and appliances. Custom built homes allow you to have the best options for energy efficiency, whether that’s solar power, better insulation, insulated windows and the top-of-the-line appliances. Energy efficiency may seem costly at first, but it will save you a lot of money over time, and your new home can have all of that up-front without the extra cost of having to put it in later.
- Privacy: Many subdivisions now days have the houses placed on small lots that are much too close together. Your custom built home, though, can be oriented however you please on the lot of your choice. You get to decide where the windows go (which also allows you to find the maximum or minimum amount of natural light that you could ever want), which way the house is pointing, and how far away your neighbors are (so long as your purchased lot is big enough to accommodate).
- Your Dream Home: Sentimental value is rife with custom builds. The ability to get exactly what you’ve always dreamed of, by building from the ground up, is a major benefit. You don’t have to compromise or put up with anything. Being able to have a home that you contributed to building for yourself and your family makes it a special, perfect choice for your home.
If you’re looking to build your own custom built home feel free to contact us. We’d love to make your dream a reality!